17 September 2008

TNCWC

I'm thinking the TNCWC may be wrapping up for the season. We had @ 25 last night, even though it was a perfect night to ride. It was bit breezy up the front stretch, but you really can't complain about riding in 70 degrees.
The race started out and some NOOB kid that no one had ever seen before blasted off the front. His 'break' lasted exactly 1km. He was blown out the back of the group about 2 laps later. He was pretty sketchy and obviously new at the whole 'riding a bike' thing.
Anywho, the pace was over 40kmh for the entire distance. Little groups of twos and threes would get off the front, but quickly be pulled back. There was plenty of horsepower there last night, so nothing was going to stick.
Selix took off with three to go and hung out there until @ 1500m to the line. The group was lined out at this point and he got swallowed up. I don't know who won as I sat up with 1000m to go. I did my work, took some hard pulls and closed more than a few gaps.

I'm thinking we should go two more weeks and call it for the season. It's getting dark pretty early these days.

I rode in with Corbett and tried to get info out of him concerning Landis and HealthNet's new sponsor, but he was tight-lipped. C'mon man, I won't tell anyone... :)
See you guys Thursday...

No comments: