01 September 2008

3 good days

It's really funny how 3 good, long days on the bike will actually make you feel better...well, for me at least!
Saturday I felt like complete ass on the bike after a week of barely riding. Two hours on Tuesday and nothing for the rest of the week. I was blocked up, couldn't breathe, couldn't get my HR up and just generally felt like crap for our 3 hour ride. I rode okay, but it was my base fitness that allowed me to survive, nothing more. We did the normal Eastover loop and ended with right at 3 hours on the bike.
Sunday, I felt better, but not at all like normal. The ride was supposed to be a slower paced affair, but turned into a paceline ride. It wasn't all the fast (35-37kph), but not quite as slow as we originally planned. We did a very modified loop through LR and ended with another 3 hours on the bike.
This morning, we met at TVH's house for a loop through Calhoun County. We took off right on time and headed across the river with considerable cloud cover...which was the weather M.O. for the day. The pace was a good one and we settled in for the run out. Instead of the full 120km, a group decision was made to turn at Big Beaver Creek and shorten the loop to 105km.
I felt really good on the bike. I could breathe, my HR was good and my legs were good. I felt it in my legs, but it was a good hurt.
We stopped at the store in Sandy Run on the way in to refill and TVH kept going, saying we'd catch him. Well, the old man must've been killing it, because we never saw him again and we didn't exactly dilly-dally.
I ended with another 3:30 on the bike. Total for the 3 days was right at 9.5 hours and 270km. The TNCWC will be the 4th and last day of my little mini-block.
We're supposed to go to Litchfield on Thursday, but the weather may have other plans...

No comments: