08 September 2008

7 of 9

It's funny how people just pack it in during certain times of the year. Saturday was a perfect day and the ride was thin.
Anyway, we did a loop through the flats and back in on Airbase. Airbase was the only windy stretch during the entire ride, and to be honest, it's been worse on Thursday nights. I ended up with right @ 80km and spent almost all of that time with my nose in the wind.
Sunday, the group was actually a group. Again, we did a modified, meandering loop through Lower Richland and came back in on Airbase. It was pretty amazing that the bunch stayed together the entire time, riding 2x2 for 3+ hours at 32-35kmh. It was a very good ride. Another 90km in the books. Since the M.T.s were out at the spa for the weekend, I did get a gooooood nap on Sunday afternoon. You know it's a good one when you wake up confused and wondering what the hell just happened...and you're in your own bed!
I have ridden 7 of the last 9 days...20 hours...575km! I'm really tired. No ride today, just water and ibuprofen.
I'll see you guys at the TNCWC. Light week this week, as we're going to attempt to go to the beach again this weekend...

No comments: