29 September 2008

Back in the saddle...

After 10 days off the bike, I choose to go out Saturday morning and give the cross bike it's post-overhaul/rebuild shakedown. Everything was good, except for the fact that I cut the front brake housing too short...and the stem is slightly off-center. Both problems were rectified immediately after the ride. Not much difference in ride quality from the stock Salsa fork to the Ouzo Pro Cross, but the front of the bike is waaaay lighter now.
I was muy stiff however! I rode about 75 minutes in the wet.
Sunday, a dozen of us met for the Sunday "Tour of LR" that Il Prof has put together over the past several weeks. Once again, we had a great ride. 3 hours and a tick over 90km. Nice and steady...of course, the pace picked up on Chaingang, but it's a must.
I got home and took the H.O. to lunch at the deli around the corner. Good food. We got home and I hit the bed for a nice 2 hour nap. I needed to charge the batteries before going out to the Blue Hairs to pickup the kids. Of course, they were like two feral chimps after two days at Grandma's house.

There's a new outlet to watch cycling on the intarweb too...
www.universalsports.com
They have a lot of highlights, including yesterday's Worlds...

No comments: