19 September 2008

Tired...

It's official...I need a break from the bike. Not a protracted, 'I give up...this shit sucks' sort of break, but a few days of not looking at the thing. I've ridden a lot in the past month and between riding, working on this old house and running after the M.T.s, I'm just physically whipped. The kicker is the fact that I'm riding well, feel good on the bike and have some fitness.

Last night, the group was about as expected. It's getting dark earlier, so many folks have already bailed on the group rides. We started with 8 last night and the group pretty much stayed together, riding a nice 40kmh rolling paceline the entire way. Kevin decided to surge through and take longer pulls, so I just rolled in behind him and let him dangle on the front. The rest of the group (those who were pulling) fell in line behind me. When Kevin finished with his little showings of power (or lack thereof), the paceline fell right back into place.
We did the shorter loop across Minervaville and turned on Cabin Creek. The sun is getting lower in the sky @ 7 p.m. these days, but we had plenty of light to get home. I had the lights on the front of the bike, but really didn't need them. I just turned them on strobe so Francisco would feel like he was at Salsa Cabana.
I felt like crap. Bad legs do not a fun ride make...

I'll be out Saturday, but not Sunday. I have to demo the kitchen countertops. The granite is being installed Monday morning. Hopefully, it won't take more than an hour or two, but the way projects go in this house, I could be working well into the night. I'll likely venture down to the race on Sunday as well...as a spectator...

No comments: