12 September 2008

Dark...

Well, it seems that the Thursday night slugfest may be coming to an end soon.
We had a decent sized group last night and did the abbreviated loop down through the flats. The group stayed steady, except for when Dr. LP took longer and harder pulls than everyone else. Go right ahead, if you want to be in the breeze that long.
The group split a couple of times, including my little dig at the same place as last week. I just like that section of road. I think I may be channeling my inner Belgian.
Once back together, we rolled a nice, 40kmh paceline all the way to Old Hopkins. It split again and 5 of us went on to the store together. Sam flatted and we did a turbo change and were back on our way.
All together on Pineview, for safety's sake, as it was getting pretty freaking dark at this point. We had to slow at the 2nd level crossing for a train that was stopped up the tracks...only a few seconds though...
Once going, the pace shot up and the group split again on Shop. The same 5 rolled down and across the bridge to the sprint. Normally, I'd go for this sprint, but it was too dark and there was too much traffic, so I lead it out at 50kmh. It didn't deter a couple of folks, who came close to seeing the front of a 28' box truck. I've seen smarter moves on a group ride...
Next week may skip the Clarkson cut through and just go right and Cabin Creek. Time to find the lights...
We're off to the beach...see you at the TNCWC...

No comments: