03 September 2008

TNCWC

I actually felt pretty damn good last night @ the TNCWC. My bike, on the other hand, evidently has some W.O.S.* on it and performed like a low-end Trek with 105.
I had shifting issues and just couldn't get it right yesterday, so I deferred to Shrews. He installed a new chain and it got a bit better, but not by much. My chainrings and cassette were both shot, but I was out of time, so I rode it as it stood.
The race started slow and gradually ramped up. Breaks went and came back. There seemed to be a lot of folks who wanted to ride and race, but didn't want to do any work. I must have closed 8 or 10 gaps over the course of the crit. Casey was flying last night, chasing everything that went. She's hard as fucking nails, that one...
About 30 minutes in, I got stuck in the 14 and the bike wouldn't shift up. I had to stop and make an adjustment to my W.O.S.* and I jumped back in the group. After that, the rig shifted, but it took some coaxing to get it to go up the cogs.
Osama Bin Ridin took off and stayed out until 2 to go. When he got pulled back, James from Harrell's nailed it and rolled away solo. I jumped with one to go, thinking that the group might want to pull him back. I got halfway across and looked under my arm for help...there was none.
He stayed out for the win and the group sprinted for second.
It was a good ride, but there are still a few folks that just don't have a clue out there. I threw a couple of flicks and don't feel bad about doing it. Ride with your heads up and settle down...it's a practice crit for cripe sakes...
Overall, I felt good and rode well, but could feel the previous three long days in my legs!
This morning, I switched out my chainrings and cassette and the bike actually shifts now...amazing...! I guess after three years and 20,000-ish miles, shit just wears out...even high $ Dura-Ace. I ordered some new rings and will bite the bullet and order a few cassettes when they become available from PBK.

*- W.O.S.= Worn Out Shit...
No beach this weekend...T.S. Hanna took care of that...
See you guys Thursday...bring blinky lights!

No comments: