05 September 2008

another good ride...

I don't know what's going on around here, but some of the rides lately have been, well, great. Last night was another example...
The group was small, as some are over it for the season and others seem to be afraid of coming home at dusk. However, it was a very cohesive ride. After going out through the Fort, we immediately (almost automatically) settled into a 40kph rolling paceline. Instead of doing Elon, which has probably seen us for the last time on Thursday until next year, we turned down Horrell Hill and went across to the flats. The pace picked up on the DH section, but the line still just rolled through.
We cut across to Mineraville and into the Roubaix section, where I pushed a bit on the rough, headwind, false flat section and split the group...sorry...
After a re-grouping, we rolled the paceline all the way home. It was a really good ride and the sunset on Clarkson and Shop was amazing.
It was a big mileage and time week on the bike for me. 14 hours and almost 400km...more than I've seen in a long while. I really want to ride tomorrow, but I'm almost looking forward to the rain...

No comments: