07 August 2007

Spontaneous combustion...

...was a definite possibility tonight. The Temp was 101 and the heat index was well over 110. There was no bloody way I was pulling on bike clothes and going to the crit. I'm taking a bit of an easy/recovery week anyway, so it was down to the ManHole(tm) for some quality time on the wind trainer. I just spun for an hour @ 230-ish watts. With the unit cranked all the way down on the tire, 230 watts equated to 21mph. It was nice to just spin freely and watch the 2004 Tour DVD. Even with the fan running and the A/C on full blast, it was still warm down there and sweat flowed like booze at Lindsay Lohan's house.

The cross bike is sorted out and ready to go on vacation. I can't decide whether to take the Ridley or the Ibis to the beach. I'll likely take the Ibis as I just put a $70 Wipperman chain on the Ridley. No sense in pouring sand on a brand new chain...

Ride Thursday if it isn't balls hot. Then again, I hate the trainer so badly, I may just go out in the heat...

No comments: