11 August 2007

See you bums in a week

Just got back from the Saturday morning ride and it was starting to get hot. Poor Maria moves down here from the frozen North right in the middle of a heat wave. She said she just couldn't get cool...well no shit! It's 92 degress at 10 a.m.
The five of us rolled out around Lower Richland and ended up with 55 miles. Mick rode in from across the river, so he had an easy hour to get home. He'll have a very rare tailwind to finish off his 5 hours on the bike...crazy...

I did a couple of FTP efforts(325w) and a couple efforts around 300w. All were done for 4-5 minutes while I was pulling. I felt pretty good this morning. The week of the bike didn't hurt me a bit, well, except for my right knee. I kicked a soccer ball around with one of the college chicks yesterday, now my knee hurts. I got better as I rode, but it's damn stiff...

I won the sprint on Cabin Creek pretty easily. Francisco said I was lucky because he was about to come around me. Brother, you better pack alunch, 'cause you'll be trying all day...
When I pop off 1250w and really didn't go all out, you aren't coming around! You may think you are, but it ain't happening.

Off to the beach for fun, sun and some QT on the bike...

See you guys next Sunday...maybe...

No comments: