12 August 2007

Ah, the beach...

I rolled out of the sack this morning at 6:45...as usual. I might be at the beach, but schedule remains constant. That's the beauty of going on vacation with the H.O., the kiddos and the Gray hairs.
Sleep did not come easy last night either. I don't sleep well in new places. That, coupled with the storm that blew through here last night, created much restless rolling.

I was on the bike @ 8 a.m. and did 2 hours on the cross bike. Meandering through the marsh on the trails was really nice. I was riding, my HR was up and my legs were going around, but it was strangely relaxing. I had been on the bike for about 90 minutes when I ran into a couple other roadies who are here on vacay. They were going out when I was coming in, so I turned and gave chase. We rode together for a bit and yapped, as guys on bikes tend to do. Tuesday, we are riding together @ 8. I plan on doing some interval work, so they can either sit in, or laugh hardily at my weaksauce. I'll get a workout one way or the other.

I got back to the house, rinsed off and went to the beach for a couple hours. The front was still blowing through, and the emphasis is on blowing. Nothing like a 20 mph wind sandblasting you. #2 was bothered by it. We built a little shelter and he slept like he owned the place. #1 is leery of the water, but he'll warm to it. I accidently dumped him off the body board into the surf. He wasn't happy!

Wildlife sighting: A big buck and a couple does ran across the road in front of me and I saw a myriad of those little, teeny crabs on the trail.

Time to go eat some skrimps...I'll check in later in the week. My wireless connection is very hit or miss. I'm glomming someone else's signal...

No comments: