29 August 2007

No crit for you

There was no crit for the kid last night. #1's school had Open House and my attendance was mandatory, or so said the H.O.! That being said, it was a HUGE waste of time. He's been going to school there all summer, we know all of the other parents and all of the teachers. We were there a grand total of 15 minutes..., but I suppose it's part of being a good parent. There were a couple of parents who were conspicuous by their absence, but I've had some ideas about their child-rearing skills for quite a while.
I wanted to go watch the end of the race, but we went to Yesterday's for a light dinner instead.

I'm thinking about going out tonight for a short ride to loosen up the legs for Thursday. I haven't ridden since Saturday and I'm a bit stiff. The blinky light needs to go on the bike as well. It was almost dark when I rolled in last Thursday. The long loop may have a couple weeks left in it, then we'll have to start doing the shorter, Elon-free version of the ride. Not that my heart will break if we skip the climb up Elon...

I'm still waiting on the rim that I ordered to show up at CC. It's not that the PT needs to be re-built, I just want it to be...

Time to go put the twin jogger together for the H.O.!

See you Thursday...

No comments: