25 August 2007

Saturday and I'm tired...

Today was much harder than it really should have been. We rode tempo for barely two hours and it was work. I guess riding hard on Tuesday and Thursday made the old legs a bit tired.
We did the old Tuesday night ride out through Hopkins and came straight back in. No variations, no options to ride further...
I think everyone was a bit tired as there was zero effort to contest any of the sprints throughout the ride.
Mrs. Der Kaiser came out slathered in some new sunscreen she bought online. The stuff actually looked thicker AFTER the ride than when we started. She kind of favored David Millar during the Tour, when he was painted head to toe in some sticky white stuff to keep the sun off of his delicate British flesh.
If I ride at all tomorrow, it'll likely be alone, on the cross bike, through the woods. I've given up on the Sunday road ride.

No comments: