03 November 2014

Rules 5 and 9? Not this weekend...

Yeah...I'm all for Rules 5 and 9, but not on Saturday. And not 36 hours after I rode in shorts.
There will be days that I will pull on the clothing commensurate with riding in 40 degree rain, but they will come later...
Instead, I did nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. It was pleasant. Well, I did watch Koppenbergcross...
The Heathens met Sunday morning in 45 degree sunshine...and a bit of a North-ish breeze. It's funny to me that on sunny Spring/Summer Sundays, the group will be thin...borderline anorexic, but on a day that could be considered a touch "Belgian", we had a fair-sized bunch.
And as it usually works, we had a tailwind out. Nothing says "you'll pay for this later" like ascending the first climb, wind at your back, having a chat...at 30+kmh.
How big was the wind, you ask? Well, we got to the turn 10 minutes faster than usual...and no effort was put forth.
Once out of Swansea, the real fun began...and the chatting largely stopped. Funny how headwinds have that effect.
I reminded T.G. that tailwinds build ego. Headwinds build character. He snickered...
After fighting head/head-cross for nearly two hours, I got back to Service Course with crust in my eyes, and an earache.
90km in the sun is still good stuff.

The bike got wiped down. The rear hub got some love (angry bees were returning), and the BB received a bit of ceramic grease. The rest of the day was to be consumed with raking leaves, but in 20+mph winds, it would have been wasted effort. Instead, I watched F1 and NASCAR, and napped.
It's rough sometimes...

Biertijd.com // Media » WATTS Zap 20/10/14 - Cycling Special

Svenness 3.3
SVENNESS 3.3 from In The Crosshairs on Vimeo.

Koppenbergcross (Full)


Bad form on the part of Van Aert's teammate...

Zonhoven (Full coverage from Vier)


The Ritte guys have it figured out...
  The Rider Diaries: A Chance Encounter from Ritte Bicycles on Vimeo.

Jamis has always had the CX bike thing figured out...

 Bad case of the "mud butt"?
Tell me about your little problems again. The guy's spirit animal is Godzilla!!

No-Shave November/Movember started this weekend. I've concluded that I will look decidedly homeless by the end of the month. That being said, however thick and multi-colored (gray) my beard may be, it will not be a glorious as HWF's beard. He has won the contest before it even has begun...

Gotta get my poop in a pile...things to do today...




No comments: