05 November 2014

My life as a pirate...

So two out of the last three rides, I've blinked, and lost a contact. During the day, when El Sol is high in the sky, this is no big deal. At night, trying to navigate the trails through the woods, it's a bit maddening.
So this is for you Novartis...
Yes, you are the largest Pharma company on the planet, and you produce some truly life-saving medications, but your optics arm sucks. Next time I buy contacts, it'll be from J&J.

Last night started out pretty well. Felt good. Legs were just rolling over.
About 1/2 way out 12th., my left (bad eye) contact flaked dead off my eyeball. My vision went to shit.
It made The PowerStation and the trails a true joy.
Nothing like rolling around in the woods, with the shadows of other lights, and not being able to see.
I went to the back, as not to endanger anyone else. 
Still got home with a good two hours on the CX bike. Beats the hell out of the trainer...

I'll try some wetting drops on the next few rides, to see if it makes a difference. Arrrrggggh....

 Anna Sanchis shows the proper fitment of a skinsuit. One shouldn't look like #blackfish...

 Commit to the rut...or ruts...
Full custom cruiser from Keith Anderson...





Mr. Ghibli


Tell me again about your trackstand prowess...


Down to Service Course later to install a new O-Ring on the Rotor cranks. The old one came apart, and Rotor wanted $7 plus shipping. Huh...Lowe's had rubber O-Rings exactly the same size. $2.49 for 10.
Done...and done...

If they only had Phil Wood oil...


No comments: