17 November 2014

Monday

And look outside your window...
If Monday had an assigned weather pattern, this would be it...
Foggy...rainy...thunder...a bit cold...it sure is Monday out there today...

Good CX from Gavere yesterday...


If you have a child/friend/acquaintance that wants to go to Europe to be a pro CXer...have them watch that race.  18kmh avg. That's 11mph in old money! Sounds like a ripping good time, eh?

A few of us met on a cold Saturday morning for a little spin out through LR. Even though it was about 35, the sun was big and bright, and felt quite warm. Now, in the canopy of trees on some sections, it was nippley. No matter. It was a good 2:30 on the bike. Gotta get on the road bike a bit more, as it felt weird. Too much time spent on the CX bike these days...

Sunday was a cold, gray, dreary start. The Heathen Ride was canceled. Instead, I watched Gavere, and then went out on the CX bike. Felt oddly good, so I decided to make a little effort. 45 minutes later, I really didn't feel all that good anymore. Funny how that works, huh?
Today's moisture is much needed out on The PowerStation. Parts are pretty soft and loose. But then, that sort of thing DOES breed handling skills.
I also got to see the big buck that roams the woods out there. Easily 12 points and 250+ pounds. Big boy...

 Parts of rural SC almost look Euro when shot in B&W. Searching for a name for this section. So far "Black Forest" is the clear leader...
 The only color yesterday was the trees.
All in all, it was a pretty fair day to ride. 45 and cloudy. All things considered, not bad. You could be in Wisconsin...
 Ah...being a pro in the 80s was so glorious...
 A different take on the single speed I suppose...
And I know I've said my next bike would be metal, but the 2015 Fuji Transonic is kinda doing it for me...

Stay inside today...get some work done. That's my plan...except for the whole "work" thing...
Oh, and watch this...you have a spare 12 minutes...



No comments: