14 November 2014

Not helping...

So we've discussed the new LeMond Washoe on here previously. O/S 853. 44mm headtube. Breezer drops. LeMond/Euro geos. Enve fork. $1799 for the frameset. Sweet deal, right?
Well, these hit the inbox, and just are not helping lessen my want...

The full bike shown, with Ultegra Di2...minus the carbon wheels...is $3999! One could likely build it for considerably less. The third colorway is black with Carolina blue and white accents. That's probably the way I'd go...
Oh, and if anyone is feeling giving here prior to the upcoming holidays, I ride a 55cm in LeMond geo.

I can't...it's just that...how does the...I mean who thought of...
Nevermind...this says it all...

Two wheels good...
 Started life as a 90s Ducati 750. Looks better now, eh?
And this is a full custom job Scrambler. (photo courtesy of Marc Seeh) Doesn't look fun...at all! Again...not helping...

Fun ride last night. I got a late start from #2's last Futbol match, so I rode the loop backwards, figuring I'd meet the group up near the Botanical Gardens. Worked out perfectly.
I will say though...
There a couple of sketchy parts of the 'hood back there. They go wholly unnoticed when one is riding with 15-20 other folks. When traversing them alone...in the quiet darkness, one tends to find a bit bigger gear, and push the pedals a bit harder.
And I switched out the 23 for a 27. Amazing how much easier it makes the two big ass hills that come towards the end of the Thursday night ride.
And it actually rained on us...just for a few minutes. Ricky said he didn't think it would last. My mind immediately went here...



Fortunately, Ricky was right. I hit Service Course with a solid 2 hours, a little effort, and some laughs. Got back as the temps were starting to drop as well. Thanks Mad Alchemy for keeping the guns warm.

Time to get the day started. The Target list isn't going to shop for itself...


No comments: