24 November 2014

OK...break's over....

The last week was one of utter lack of motivation. I just didn't want to ride. I felt tired, and a little dinged up. So, I rode when I wanted to, which amounted to exactly three hours on the bike.
This week will be a little different...
The time to ride is there, and the want to ride is returning. These Holiday weeks are always good to get outside and ride a bit.

No ridey on Saturday, as nice as it was. The Boss had a funeral service to go to @ 11, and seeing as I'm lazy, I didn't get up before the rooster. I slept in, had brekkie, and watched the CX races from Koksijde.
After the races ended, Junior Management and I got dressed, and went outside to clear leaves.
That was my workout. Go hard clearing leaves for 2 hours.
And really, there's not much better than watching kids jump into a leaf pile the size of a VW Beetle.
I even got a nap. What the wha....

The plan Sunday was to get up, and get on the bike before the rain started. Unfortunately, the rain started about 5am.
Again, I watched some Euro CX, and then did the unthinkable. I went down to Service Course, and rode the trainer. As much as the trainer just absolutely sucks, I had limited time, and it was reasonably effective. A solid hour passed pretty quickly. I credit the fact I was watching the '03 edition of Flanders.
A photo posted by MM (@mminsc) on



VdV beaten by PvP. Don't know those guys? #shhhhhhh

After the turbo, I went to an 8 year old's birthday party. If someone had stopped by the house and falcon-punched me, the trifecta would have been complete.

 FDJ introduced their new kits. I feel like I've seen the design somewhere before...
 And I sort of eschew watching ball and stick sports, but Sunday evening TV is lacking, so I watched the American Throwball game.
I watched this infernal sport for most of my life, and I can say, without equivocation, that Odell Beckham Jr. may have made the greatest catch EVER. That was some next-level, caught in The Matrix, I forgot about physics stuff right there...
As an aside, the allowed use of PEDs in football is a joke. Tony Romo has a bad back. He rarely practices, and before games, gets painkiller AND cortisone shots IN HIS BACK. The NFL is cool with this. The American people are cool with this. He's "tough" for gutting it out.
Yet cyclists are dopers...
Mmmmkaaaayyyyy...
Thibaut Nys riding a fat bike? Things are upside down.

Time to get my day going. Places to go...people to see...

No comments: