04 November 2013

It was a push...

Had a couple of good rides this weekend.  No, they weren't terribly fast, nor terribly far, but 6+ hours on the bike, in the sunshine is a far better thing than just tweeting about it.
TVH, Il Prof and I headed out to LR on Saturday.  Twas chilly...twas breezy...twas good.

 Started out a bit damp and cloudy...
But the blue sky was chasing us...

Sunday, everyone was evidently still celebrating USC's win over Our Sisters of the Deaf and Blind, so the ride was thin.  No matter.  A good time was had.  Of course, any ride out thru CalhounCo is pretty OK.

 Yes, that pavement IS as smooth and glorious as it looks...
And I was called a "trendy MFer" by a riding buddy for these.  It's only trendy when YOU do it.  When I do it, before you, it's some cutting edge shit.  Don't hate me, because you ain't me...

Now for the bad that made the weekend a push.  No heat in HQ.  A bad pressure switch in the gas furnace led to no warm, forced air flowing.  Repair guy had every part available, on the PLANET, in his truck...except that one.
No heat last night.  Fortunately, it wasn't terribly cold (45), and I'm extremely adept at starting fires, both in & out of the fireplace,  so we were toasty.
Everyone else retired to bed.  I, however, being the smart one of the bunch, slept near the waning fire...inside my +20 degree bag.  Twas toasty...
As of this writing, I'm sitting here, waiting on the repair dudes to return and fix the furnace.  I'm sure it will be inexpensive...

Productivity killers :


Please, tell me again about your bunnyhops...
Points will be deducted, however, for the use of an Air Attack helmet in a CX race...

It very well may be possible to convince me to ride Sidis...

No embed for the Euro races from last weekend yet.  Here are the laatste rondes of both :

KoppenbergCross

Zonhoven

Good stuff from both races...

And I leave you with this...
This is Shannon.  She is my friend.  She lives in Boulder.  She races track, CX, and road.  She's fast.  She's very cool.  And she's above our pay grades...

Enjoy your Monday.  I'm going to go get cracked and stretched...


No comments: