08 November 2013

Friday (and an update)

So you all read my issues with UPS.
Well, it turns out that UPS cannot handle a package, and their customer service reps are argumentative, lying sacks of shit.
I have a friend who is a VP @ UPS.  She tracked down both my package, and the truth.
As it stands, the package containing my Moto X is supposed to be delivered today.  We'll see.  I'm not exactly standing on the porch, pacing in anticipation of hearing the brown truck round the corner...
It seems my phone NEVER made it onto the truck to Greensboro, even though it was shown as being IN Greensboro.  UPS scans the truck when it arrives, the packages get scanned when they are off-loaded.  Hence the reason mine was never scanned.  IT WAS ON THE WRONG DAMN TRUCK!!!
Never went to Greensboro...at all.  Where it went, no one will say.  It WAS shipped back to Kentucky, and the process was started again...
WTF man?
In my correspondences with their "help" line, the reps did little more than give me the tracking info that is already available online, and argue the semantics of the word "lost" even harder than before.
They said it was merely, "routed incorrectly".  I'm no English scholar, or master of the English language, but if one is walking in the forest, and one gets "routed incorrectly", one is FUCKING LOST!
Anyway, UPS has guaranteed delivery today...again...
Hope the driver has a few minutes, b/ I'm opening that bitch while he stands and waits.  Any, and I mean ANY damage, and he's putting it back on the truck...

Enough of that...
Let's talk bike stuff...

Rumor has it that Nys will be on discs this weekend.  It was widely known that he would be when the move was made over to Trek, but it seems Colnago cobbled something together for him.  It begs two questions...
1) What brakes?  The new Shimano hydros, or something cable actuated?
2) What's the bet that he has some sort of mechanical, and grabs a canti bike out of the pit?
If he wins on it, the disc bandwagon will start to fill up even further.  As JBrstl said this morning, start hoarding canti framesets, and brakes.  The Canti Apocalypse is nigh.

 
I'm sorry, I've lost my train of thought...Jeebus man...


#svenness  Such a badass picture...

Um...yeah...okay...can't quite wrap my head around what they were going for here...

Super fun Urban ride last night too.  Good group.  No whinging.  Lots of laughs.  A couple of efforts that stung a bit.  2.5 hours in the dark was good.  Time to get back after it!  And the new light set up is a little nutty.  The new head is a spot beam, and THROWS light down the road, so it pairs well with the flood beam of the older head.  Plenty of light...PLENTY!

Hackney has some cool jerseys...

LAX airport socks...I need these!

OK...enjoy your Friday.  0900 Saturday @ Rosewood.  It may be a bit nipply...Rule 5!





2 comments:

Daniel Baer said...

Hey Mark,

Heard about the Rosewood ride a while back, and chanced upon this post. Does the ride leave from the Rosewood Elementary School (between Ott and Ravenel)?

Thanks,

Daniel Baer

MM said...

Yep Daniel...that's the one. Probably be a little thin tomorrow. A few of us will be out though...