07 January 2013

well, I rarely say this, but...

I'm glad it's Monday...

The weekend started off great.  It was cold Saturday morning, but the sun was out, so our little band of merry men rolled out into WeCola for a nice loop.  No drama, no primate-esque displays of testosterone-fueled aggression...just 2.5 hours of rolling and chatting on a fine January morning.

Upon my return to Service Course, I turned it around in less than 20 minutes, including lunch, and the entire corporation loaded into The Beast, and headed to Ikea in Charlotte.  Man...I love that place!
We went, looking for a dresser for #3's room.  Unfortunately, all of the ones that The Boss wanted were out of stock, even though the website said there were plenty in the warehouse.
Pro-tip : Don't trust Ikea's online inventory levels!

Instead, we bought a chair for the living room.

Here's where the train started to shimmy and shake.  After loading up, and putting it in the breeze for Cola, The Boss realized that she'd left her purse in the "family bathroom" @ Ikea.  Did I mention we were South of Rock Hill at this point?
And we're off the rails...
Back to Charlotte at a higher than legal rate of speed, while talking to Ikea customer service.  Fortunately, someone found her bag, and turned it into Lost and Found...and did NOT empty her wallet, nor liberate her Blackberry.  I know...I'm as shocked as you!

#3 was not happy about this detour, and wailed for probably 70 of the 90 minute drive home.  Super!

Once home, The Boss went into the Loo, and upon her exit, she informed me that the sink was clogged.  Change hats from chauffeur, to plumber.  After dis-assembling the pipes under the sink, I discovered a child's toothbrush, two AA batteries, and a clump of the Boss' hair that resembled a drowned rat.  Wonder why it was clogged?  It was now 8:15pm.  I had eaten only a Larabar and a Pepsi since leaving Service Course @ 1pm.

I'd had enough, and went to bed after eating a plate full of GF waffles.

Sunday greeted me with 45 degree temps, and rain.  I did not have a fuck to give, so I kitted up, met JBrstl @ 9, and we rolled out into the wet and cold WeCola wilderness.

Between Saturday's ride, sitting in the truck, walking around Ikea for hours, and lack of caloric intake, my legs were little more than hollow meat sticks.  Yeah, I rode 2.5 hours in that shit, but it wasn't fast, and the last 30-ish minutes were under protest.

Wet and dirty...oh joy!

Came home, ate whatever was GF in the kitchen, and went back outside to split wood for an hour.  Cross-training...Rocky-style!  When I finally sat down, the lights went OUT!  This was approx. 2:30pm...

@ 5:30, I was rousted from my slumber in order to build a fire so the MTs could roast marshmallows.  No rest for the weary/wicked I suppose...

While they tried to burn down the house, I watched this :



And this....



That was a World Cup course?  Looked like every local race ever held in the US...

Overall, the weekend was a push!  It's Monday...and quiet in the house.  A trip to Earthfare is on the horizon, and another nap when #3 lays down for his morning slumber.  I live on the ragged edge...

Enjoy your day!






No comments: