30 January 2013

Mid-week shuffle

 Know this guy?  Know where this is just by sight?  No?  Better ask somebody...
 On the Twitters, people have been throwing around statements like, "I wonder how many Americans will bring their Flanders flags to CX Worlds...?"
Well, F you...If I was going, I'd be taking my Flanders flag!!!

Ned Van Vlaanderen!!!

I'll give you a moment to savor this bike.  There is little wrong here, other than it's too small for me...

Phil Gil's WC BMC from the TdU.  His seat is an old school Flite, but obviously a custom job, as none of the Flites I've ridden/owned in the past 20 years have been that fat. 

And you gotten love the Big S.  Oh, Topkey made that fork for us?  Let's recall it...
Specialized is playing it off by saying it's 2 failures out of 12k+, but let's be honest...if they weren't quietly shitting themselves, there wouldn't be a recall now, would there? 

It's what happens when your marketing budget outstrips that of R&D.

And Jonathan Page signs with Fuji for CX Worlds, and beyond.  Good for Fuji.  They are making damn nice bikes these days.  I've helped more than a few folks with bike choices/purchases in the last year or so, and quite a few have picked up Fujis. 
I've been impressed with the fit and finish, as well as the spec that Fuji delivers.  I'd rock one, and we all know that I'm a bike snob.  Well, not completely...I'd just never ride a Big S, or a bike from the Evil Empire.

Good night ride last night.  Left the house in 70+ temps, did a nice 2.5 hour ride that included some laughs, some shit talk, more than a few good/hard-ish efforts, some Vitamin D, and the distinct possibility that we may have forced a pathlete to poo himself.  It was a full night! 
Riding in bibs and short sleeves, at night...in January, doesn't exactly suck.  Beats the hell out of the turbo, that's fo damn sho! 

Got a good Renick-ing this morning, that, upon a certain manipulation, included a click in my spine that was felt...and audible.  I am about an inch taller now however...

And finally, LeMond was in a car accident over the weekend.  Anyone know where Lance was?

Ok...we're halfway to the weekend.  Those going to Louisville, be safe! 

Namaste...

4 comments:

The Southern Warhost said...

What do you consider the Evil Empire? Asia? Your Ridley was made in Asia. But I share the sentiments, as a former Red asS employee...they are the worst.

MM said...

No, you misconstrued the sentiment itself. And yes, I know where my bike was made, but thanks for the attempt at condescension.
I love things made in China. Most high end product produced there is of equal, if not better, quality than elsewhere. Hell, I'm pondering Hong Fu track and CX frames as we speak.
I should have typed, the Evil Empire in Madison...

Unknown said...

I could not be happier with the Fuji frame you helped me get!

MM said...

Thanks John! Fujis are great, and a relative DEAL when compared to the big 3. A friend in Charlotte picked up an Altamira and loves it. She paid @ $2k for a bike with Ultegra! That would never happen with Trek or Specialized...