09 January 2013

Humpday filler

"Here's the deal...you finish Roubaix, and I'll lead you out!"

 That's SIR Hoy to you!

 Another argument for the Giro being better than the Tour...

And a request/continuation of the series "If you don't know..."
If you don't know who the guy driving it on the front is, then keep your expertise to yourself!

Good solo night ride last night.  I didn't feel like doing someone else's ride, so I went out alone.  It was the standard HoP night/winter loop, with some ancillary meat thrown in.  I may, or may not, have been a little pukey after this photo was taken.  I felt like seeing where I stand right now, so I did a small (15 minute) effort from the top of River Dr. to the end of the Canal.  It stung a bit, but I felt better than expected, considering the fact that December was a running joke of illness, and scheduling issues. 
Apologies to the few joggers that had to deviate off the dirt path last night.  It's easier for you to move than it is for a bicycle to hop up the lip, onto the pavement, at 35-40kmh. 

The rest of the ride was just tooling around downtown, enjoying the pleasant SC evening.  Found some cool stuff too.  It seems the City it trying to make the Riverfront just a little more inviting...

 There's a lot of wood, iron, and engineering in this section...


Art, or just graffiti?  The City has left it alone...for now.  Wonder if they'll leave it alone.  It's kinda cool under the lights in the arch.

Ok, that's it for me!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Namaste!

No comments: