04 January 2013

(Insert title here)

 Basically what Clowney said to Michigan in the Outback Bowl...

 Argonaut's new carbon offering makes me feel kinda funny...
Carbon...seatmast...room for BIG tires...my little mind is all swirl-y...

Not the biggest fan of BMC frames, but this custom paint is hot!  I'd rock it...

JBrstl and I met for our own little Urban Ride last night.  It was good fun.  2 hours and we looped more than half of Columbia proper. 
We hit the tennis center out in WeCola, and once the pavement ended, so did the light posts.  It was like riding into a tunnel...that fell off the end of the Earth.  From light, to complete darkness in, literally, 10 feet. 
Saw more than a few deer out on Old State.  Big, mature does, that do damage when hit on a bicycle traveling 30-35kph.  The hooting and whistling started after the second set was seen making their way across the road.
And we got to climb a 6' tall fence/gate topped with barbed wire.  Fortunately, as J so eloquently said this morning, there were no Hoogerland-esque moments.  His foray up and over the fence was less than graceful though.  That being said, I probably looked like a drunken orangutan as I made my way over. 
Toe spikes on MTB shoes DO help climbing a fence though...so there's that...

Don't know what's going on this weekend.  Supposed to be nice Saturday, but who knows if anyone will show up @ Rosewood.  I'm gonna roll up there for giggles, but if no one is there by 9:05, I'm out.
As for Sunday, the WX is calling for the possibility of rain.  I'm still riding.  The WX will determine which arrow gets pulled from the quiver .

Hope everyone had a good first (short) week back work/school/whatever.  See you on the road...

Deuces...

No comments: