25 January 2013

Chongo!!!!!!



Again...Lotto makes it look easy.  Hendy and Chongo look hard to beat...

And Farrar hit the ground...again?  I'm shocked...shocked I say...

And I really like how Ty-Ty is standing there, glaring at the Bleeding Carrots on the ground.
I make zero claims to know much about what goes on in the last kms of a sprint finish, but ONE thing I do know is that if you are around 3 or 4 Euskatel guys coming to the line...

YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FECKING SPOT!!!  Stop making excuses for Farrar...and stop calling him a sprinter!!!

Good night rides this week.  Nice groups and good pace. 
I went pretty easy this week.  Just tired...
Last night was a test.  The temps DROPPED between the time I rolled out of Service Course (@ 17:30) and when I got home (20:00).  52 when I left...42 when I hit the door!  And the wind...ooof!  What was light Northerly breeze turned into a BLOCK N/NE headwind for the run home. 
Leaves and sticks and all other manners of detritus where blowing around.  I took a stick to the head on Heyward.  THAT will wake a person up!
And I lost a contact somewhere along the way.  I want to say it was on the bridge crossing, as the wind was swirling in a big, bad, legally binding way. 
Even considering I always wear glasses when I ride, I'm blinking crap out of my eyes this morning! 

Time to hit Target and Earthfare.  I'm single parenting until tomorrow afternoon, as The Boss has duties in Charleston and HHI. 

Enjoy your weekend!  Go outside and ride! 

Namaste...

No comments: