28 January 2013

It was a ... weekend...

Nothing of note happened...

I woke up, rode my bike, came home, and single-parented.  Big ups to my wonderful Mother for watching Junior Management while I played with my friends for a few hours.

Good Ride Saturday.  We switched up the loop, and did a few roads I haven't been on in (literally) years.  I've forgotten how much of a drag going up the backside of Elon is from Bunky's.  Good, long, steady drag, but a drag nonetheless. 
Then we came in thru the Fort.  Talk about PTSD.  That 30-ish minutes will tide me over for the next 6-9 months.  A nice 90km on a Saturday.


We even included the dirt climb out on Old Leesburg.  It was in really good knick.  Oh, and for those who doubt, the section averages right @ 5.5% for the length. 


Sunday was a bit brisk.  35 (maybe) at roll off, with a pretty stout North wind.  Yeah, the weatherman, who wouldn't know shit from apple butter, said it was a 5-10mph wind, but as usually happens, he was incorrectly by a W-I-D-E margin.  The turn onto 302 out below South Congaree was a cold-wind-slicing-through-you wake up call.  The entire trip home was a block headwind.  As HWC and I discussed, it was just fecking relentless.  I came home with 70km, and it was just about all I wanted. 

 Never seen so many turkey vultures just chilling on the side of the road...with NO carcass to gnaw on...

 Gotta love rural Lexington County!  Wonder if the Mormons knock on his door?

Gotta know where you've been to know where you're going...or something like that...

Got home, ran around, then replaced my F/D cable and housing (poor shifting for the last few weeks), wrapped the bars, and wiped down the Helium.
 I know, how do I contain myself while surrounded by such excitement?  

Oh, those nutty Belgians...



It's gonna be 70+ tomorrow (here), so get yourselves on the bicycle! 

Another Monday of errands...because, you know, I don't do shit around here...

Namaste...






No comments: