16 January 2013

Mid-week stuff

Nice ride last night.  The Boss got home early, so I got on the bike early.  No point in riding over to WeCola @ 5:30, so I did a little loop, then headed to the Urban Ride.  Felt better than I did over the weekend.  I guess the disturbance in The Force has moved on...thankfully...
Anyway, I just sort of rode, and had fun.  You know, like a bike ride is supposed to be?  Still got a pretty good effort in at one point though.

Once we hit Saluda, the group turned for Five Points, and I stayed on Wheat, and headed back to Service Course.  2.5 hours in the dark ain't bad.  Oh, and it was 72 when I left.  Tell me again about Portland, Minneapolis, and Boulder...

Lance is on Oprah tomorrow, and Friday, night.  Here's something you can do while watching the "interview".  

As I said on the Twitters a little while ago, one must remember a few things...
Hate Lance all you want.  Hate cycling all you want.  Complain, bitch, stomp your feet.  Know these things though...
1) Drugs don't make a jackass into a racehorse.  LA still trained, suffered, and sacrificed for the sport.
2) YOU watched it.  YOU loved it.  YOU jumped up and down and shouted at the TV.  YOU felt a small sense of jingoistic nationalist pride because Lance won.
3) Doping has ALWAYS been a part of the sport.  It WILL always be a part of the sport.

Vaughters want "Truth and Reconciliation" in cycling. 
Truth :  Hey JV, want people to stop saying you're a dandy?  Stop dressing like this!  You make Cam on "Modern Family" seem like Russell Crowe.
Reconciliation : Want cycling to move forward?  Get rid of the former dopers who are still directing teams.  That should clear out about 40% of them, and make cycling better, eh?


 Yes, Peter Sagan IS a better bike handler than you!

 When keeping it real goes wrong!  I'm no expert in the ways of the downhill, but I don't think the brake disc is supposed to actually touch the ground.

Two things : 1) Sexy bike is sexy!  2) That saddle to bar drop is making my junk hurt, and I'm sitting at my dining room table!

And in more ME news, I won the PBK photo caption contest on the Facebooks.  Sweeeet!

"No, seriously guys, don't laugh...I can lead us to Paris!"

What'd I win?  A $125 Sportful UK Rain Jacket!  See, being a wiseass DOES sometimes pay off!!

Belgium 2013 CX Nat champs race...it's long...but the quality is top notch!




 That's about it for me today.  Peace and ceramic bearing grease...






2 comments:

Junk said...

Awesome.

MM said...

Dick Pound (such the correct name for that guy...) said that dumb shit. The IOC said today that cycling isn't going anywhere.

Pound is looking for his place in this drama...