14 June 2010

Love

I just LOVE being sick in the summer, especially when it's 111 degrees outside, and I'm being literal with the temperature!
Had a good ride Saturday, but as the day/evening progressed, I just felt worse and worse. Sunday was an up and down affair. Felt bad until about noon, then the bottom fell out. The hours of noon through about 5 were dodgy at best. I drove to the festering shit-hole that is Lexington to pick up the MTs, came home, ate a bowl of cereal, medicated and went to bed.

I'm feeling like I'm on the back side of it though. The H.O., in her finite wisdom, made the obligatory, 'go to the Doctor' comment, as wives are known do. No thanks! I don't need the Doctor to pop me for $80-ish dollars to tell me that I have a sinus infection that I'll be over by the end of the week.

That being said, at least my day of laying in bed was made more comfortable by the full day of sports on TV and the intarwebs. I watched the Dauphine, Tour de Suisse, World Cup Futbol, F1, NASCAR, LeMans, and a bit of college baseball, which is about as exciting as watching my 5 year old's t-ball games. Yeah, Carolina won, and is going to the CWS, but I really just don't care...

Oh, and my Speedplays came Saturday...broken out of the box...great...

More Futbol on tap today...not doing much else. The MTs can fend for themselves!

I'm cranky today...even more so than usual!

No comments: