04 June 2010

24 hours

It's a very short 24 hours until my week of solitude ends and the cacophony that is my family returns from the Redneck Riviera. I've been asked nigh on a dozen times this week as to exactly WHY I didn't go to the beach. Well, here's the short answer...the H.O.'s family goes on this trip every year! I would rather have a 0530, shot-to-the-nuts, wake-up call for a solid week, than have the first thing I hear in the morning be my jack-off father-in-law. Thus, I stayed in my humble home, rode when I wanted to ride, ate when I was hungry and slept when my eyes became heavy.
Sure, I miss the H.O. and the MTs, but it's been a quiet, enjoyable week!

Yesterday, I rolled out and did a Vitamin D ride on the cross bike. It was enjoyable enough, until I decided to tangle with one of those raised white lines near the TNWC course. 700x38 tires with 50-ish pounds of air them do not like quick changes in direction. The VERY soft front tire grabbed the edge of the line and sent me directly into the grass. I fell over and just sort of rolled, much like a turtle who finds himself suddenly on his back. No harm, no foul! I do levy a part of the blame squarely @ Il Prof, as we had a conversation about the white lines on Wednesday evening, after he nearly came to grief on one of the dastardly little raised SOBs. Bad juju...
At that point, I just rolled home...

I went out this morning with the plan to just to the HoP, but really had nothing more to do today, so I made a turn and went out into WC. I added the HoP+ loop and headed home. A couple of 15 minute efforts, and a few 30/30s and a charge up Gervais Street and I was done. 6 days and 17 hours on the bike this week. I think I'm going to take a couple of days off. Or maybe just tomorrow...

Oh, and I'm not even going to comment on the whole 'engine-in-the-seat-tube' mechanical doping bullshit. So far out of the realm of any possibility that it's almost obscene. Actually,
Spartacus has two engines...IN HIS FUCKING THIGHS! The pistons are straight out of a blown big-block Chevy 572!



LA is funny!

Speaking of eyes becoming heavy...it's naptime.

No comments: