02 May 2010

Time for a break

As of yesterday, I'd ridden 6 days in a row and 16 of the last 21. For a guy with a shot L5 and two children under 5 years of age, I'd say that's a good training stretch. Oh, it's all when the sun is high in the sky as well! I won't get get up to ride @ 0530 (or earlier) unless there's a massive shift somewhere in the paradigm. Sorry, hard truth...

As for yesterday, well, let just say it was a much harder ride thhan it should have been, and I'm not referring to the distance or pace. 2 hours @ 30kmh should be a spin, not a struggle. My back hurt so bad that sneezing almost made me piss my chamois. I came home, put the Ridley in the ManHole(tm), had a good stretch and decided to take a couple of days off the bike to rest my aching back.

Big ups o' the day...

Our favorite Para-athlete Aaron Trent is in Spain (you suck) racing. He finished his first road race with the group yesterday under less than favorable meteorological circumstances. Nice job Aaron!
JayC finished 3rd in the 35+ @ Dilworth.
Doog won the 3/4 @ Dilworth.
Good work gentlemen!

And last but not least, Taylor Phinney wins the field sprint over Ivan Dominguez in Stage 4 @ Gila. There's fast twitch muscle and slow twitch muscle...TP is ALL twitch!

And we got a new car...a GMC Terrain SUV/crossover thingy. If you are looking for a practical, safe, EXTREMELY NICE vehicle, and do not check out this vehicle, you're missing out! Ours has everything except the DVD system and it was right @ $30k. Quality AND value in an American car? Go figure!

See you guys Tuesday...

No comments: