14 May 2010

Stg6



Matty Lloyd wins with nobody else in the picture. Good on ya mate!
I hope someone explained to Hondo that you really shouldn't give the double arm salute for coming across 3rd.

The position change feels good on the bike. Feels like there's more power now, but it has come with a caveat. It seems that in changing position and opening up my right hip and leg a bit, I've awakened muscles that have been lying dormant for a long while.
When I was screwed sideways, my hip flexor was closed, thus not doing much work. Now, it, and the right quad, seem to be actually in the fight. Great, right? Yeah, but I can see that I need to ride the position for a while to get the muscles going.
Last night, after about 35 minutes of abuse at the hands of the strongest dudes in town, my hip cramped and I just sat up. The back was fine and the lungs were okay, and I thought about cutting off HH and getting back in the ride. Discretion took over, and I rode home through the front with Mrs. Kaiser and Il Prof.
Don't know what everyone else did last night, but I had a good ride.

Il Prof and I are making our way out to LHS for the Tour de Midlands ride tomorrow. 115 lovely, rolling kms around the lake. 0830 is roll time.

No comments: