31 May 2010

All Twitch...not me!



How Big Ring is Taylor Phinney? You can't take that kid to the finish...especially on the boards. Two straight at Roubaix U23!

Two parter for me this morning...
Part one ended out near the Krispy Kreme...no, I didn't go in...assholes! I stood to leave the intersection and the telltale ker-pang of a broken spoke ruptured the silence. I was on my 32h/3x wheels, so I rode the bitch home. 31 spokes under tension keeps the wheel damn straight!
Thankfully, I think I have a few of the HIGH $ CX-Ray spokes down in the Manhole(tm).
I rolled home slowly, changed front wheels and was off again.
Part two was drama-free...thankfully! 90 minutes steady with 45 minutes of good SST thrown in towards the end. I never got wet, but it's not exactly a Chamber of Commerce day outside.

Oh, what to do for the rest of the day...?

No comments: