30 May 2010

Happy Memorial Day


The Giro ended today...what an epic race! So good! I think I'm going to just go ahead and pre-order the DVD from WCP.
Basso gets a long deserved win. Evans shows some truly aggressive racing. Veino didn't win. Everyone is happy!
I post some video, but I haven't found it yet. Universal has a linkable video, but it's so shitty that it's just not worth bothering with...
Now, let's all hope the Tour doesn't turn into a drug-raid fiesta, like the 1998 edition. Somehow, I think there will be more drama than there really needs to be this year.

Moving on...
The H.O. and the MTs loaded up and left for the beach yesterday morning. I rolled out early for a solo ride before they departed. Felt like shit...rode like shit...par for the course.
The rest of the day was spent laying around, sleeping and trying a new recipe in the kitchen. All 3 were deemed a rousing success!
I met Il Prof this morning to do a long-ish ride. We ended up doing Screaming Eagle backwards and had quite a nice ride. I actually felt a little better on the bike today. I may be getting a little more used to the new position. The afternoon closely mimicked yesterday's.
The whole 'quiet house, no yelling, no noise' thing is very nice. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but a brother needs a break once in a while!

Don't know what's happening tomorrow, but I'll be on the bike somewhere. Have a Happy Memorial Day and remember why you have the day off work! Peace!

1 comment:

Velocodger said...

The Giro was really great this year. I've never seen a better race!