12 May 2010

Mid-week shenanigans

First, here's a bit of the Stg4 TTT from the Giro. So glad Vinodoucheov (and Astana for that matter) blew apart coming into the finish and he's out of the Maglia Rosa. I'm all for second chances, but this guy is a stain on the collective chamois that is pro cycling. When Dope-stana was getting reay to roll down the ramp, I actually found myself wishing that they would slip wheels and take each other out. Sorry...it's what I feel...



As for me troubles, I think that I've figured them out. I put the CB Quattro pedals back on the road bike and moved my saddle forward. My back was straight, and didn't hurt, last night @ the TNWC. The float-under-the-ball-of-the-foot pedals also allowed my feet to find their 'natural' position. I need to put a couple of wedges under the cleat, but they were just fine. The only problem encountered was a mistake on my part by not torquing the saddle down properly before setting off. By the end of the night, it had migrated back about 3cm on the rails. I'll fix that tonight. I'm gonna ride the CB pedals for a while, as I OWN them. I'll probably go to Speedplay at some point in the future.
As for the race, a break got away EARLY, changed participants a few times, but never came back. The new guy, whose name remains unknown, is a fucking horse. He drove the break and beat MW in the sprint. It was good ride last night though, except for my seemingly inability to tighten a saddle.
Did an easy solo spin this morning and felt quite good. Not a 'no chain day', but it really didn't cause any sort of discomfort either. I did lose a bottle on the ride though. Well, not so much 'lost', as threw it a car. Buzz me once, you're a dick. Buzz me twice, and I'll whistle a full 20oz. bottle at your piece of shit Maxima. It bounced nicely off the back of the trunk, leaving a fist-sized dent...right next to his temporary tag. My little gift for his newly purchased shitbox!

Don't forget, the Thursday night blood-letting leaves the TNWC course @ 6:15.

Peace...

No comments: