23 May 2010

HolyCrap!



Giro Stage 15 finish...
Look at all the freaking people on the Zoncolan!!! Giro>Tour

Rode short this morning...out to the Speedway. Trying to figure out if it's even possible to have a cross race out there. Unfortunately, it would be entirely too difficult and time consuming to even bother with it. Perfect place, yet a shit location...
Looks like my first choice will be the priority. Still working on second location for a possible Sunday race.

ToC ends today....live on Versus....

See you guys Tuesday. Peace.

Edit- And if you ride through the Fort and cut through the woods/Palmetto Trail to get out into Lower Richland, you're welcome!

3 comments:

Justin said...

Crossroads Middle School or Saluda Shoals park in Irmo. I talked to the event coordinator at Irmo/Chapin Recreation in December about doing one at Crossroads but it was too late to set it up in time for January.

MM said...

Both the school and Saluda Shoals require a police presence to control trafficand Saluda Shoals wanted a deposit to ensure there was no damage to the flora and/or fauna. Sorry, that's a losing proposition. Richland county deputies make $35/hr to work bike races...not happening.
My first choice is easy. Plenty of parking, no po-po needed and a great course. Details will follow...

Justin said...

Well, that blows. I guess I can see why he didn't mention that at the meeting. Wanted to keep me around long enough to make a commitment before talking money. I'll keep using CRMS for super secret training rides though. It's a good course.

Let me know when wheels start turning. I'm way interested in helping and I can try to see if I can scrounge up any materials from the guys I'll be working with in the fall (Challenge, TRP, Lazer).