19 June 2009

It was a dark and stormy evening...

...well, kind of...
The group left in warm and extremely humid conditions. It seemed that no one, save for Der Kaiser really wanted to ride hard last night. We just kind of rolled around at a half-hearted tempo, which was fine since I felt like hammered shit. No legs and no lungs makes for a suckwad ride!
The clouds were following us, but the weather didn't rear it's ugly head until we got to the end of Airbase. The sky got dark, the wind picked up and the cold rain began to fall. Of course, my Blackberry was, as the kids say these days, blowing up. The H.O. called me once at the beginning of the ride, to warn of our impeding doom and then three more times while we were hustling to get home. Here's a quick tip for the H.O. - If I have to stop to answer a call, it's gonna take me longer to get home! If I need you, I'll call you!
To be honest, it really wasn"t bad. Yeah it rained a bit...so what? Yeah there was lightning, but it wasn't incessant. The wind blew, but not badly.
WIS was doing it's usual bang up job of 'Chicken Little' weather forecasting. It was a summer storm, nothing else...and per the Columbia, SC norm, it lasted all of 30 minutes and moved on.

I am really tired of riding in the rain though...5 out of my last 7 rides have included a damp chamois! Time to find another cheapo frame and build a rain rig!

Ride tomorrow morning @ 7:30 from the Gate. Or, for those who are adventerous, 6:30am from Bond's house.

Sunday??? Who knows?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe the damp chamois is from your STD...