03 May 2009

Quick hit

Thursday- Went out w/Coco and spun for an hour.
Friday- Drove to Spartanburg w/ Doog, Coco, and Mulo to race. Got there barely in time. No warmup. Started hard, but felt okay. @ halfway, I hit a reflector in the middle of turn two and sketched. I gathered it up in time to hit the feet of the barriers and then get locked together with another guy...did I mention this was dead in the middle of the field? I didn't feel like crashing twice in 27 days, so I dropped out, which was probably good, because 2 laps later, there was a huge pileup in the middle of the field. Doog dragged some guy's bike, sans rider, for a few meters. With 5 to go, Mulo got tangled up with a GlobalBike rider and they both ate it on the front stretch. Mulo smacked his head and tore up his knee and elbow. Doog finished 11th and won a prime.
Coco did well in the 2/3 race...pulled the break back by himself and finished 16th. The TIBCO ladies smashed the women's field. It was a clinic on how to race as a team. Brooke showed them clean wheels for the W!
On the ride home,we decided, as a group, to bail on Dilworth.
Saturday- Doog and Timberlake showed at the house to ride @ 9. No Meat, no Coco, no Mulo...
We rolled out towards LR and met RW, SoPro and Rob @ the GMart. Ended with 2.5 hours.
I came home and worked in the yard for another 2 hours. I felt progressively worse as the day went on.
Sunday- Didn't even bother making the effort to ride. Feel like hammered crap. Thanks to the MTs for paying it forward and giving me whatever crud they both have.
I need a nap...

No comments: