15 May 2009

A fun Thursday ride...

So a few of us met to do the Thursday ride. It's a ride that SHOULD be big, but I guess it's beneath the 'cool kids' and their 'training'.
Anyway, we rolled out easy met Doog at the gate. Once on Ridge, the pace picked up and was steady and quick all the way down to Elon. I made the mistake of waiting for the stragglers and being forced to chase my nuts off to catch back on. Once back on, the group turned into a nice, fast, rolling paceline. Regardless of who was, or wasn't, there, the run down Airbase was fast and hard. Doog jacked the pace everytime he hit the front. Two folks attacked through the stop sign and took Doog with them towards the sprint. RK and I brought it back right before the sprint, in an effort to get SoPro to the front. She jumped waaay early and ended up getting nipped at the end.
The efforts hurt, but felt good. My breathing wasn't the best last night, but I still needed the protracted work.
It was a good ride.
This weekend will be devoted to family time, as we are going to Beaufort for the AirShow @ the MCAS. The Blue Angels are there...#1's little melon is gonna 'asplode!

No comments: