10 May 2009

Hot? Already?

WTF? Let's ease into the whole heat thing...please?
Yesterday, Coco, Mulo, Doog and I left @ 8 and did a long loop. We ended up with right at 4 hours. Out through the flats and back through the hills. Why make it easy on yourself. I felt really good yesterday, even though I hadn't been in the saddle for that long in a great while. Crunchy back? Yes, I'll have that with a side of sore ass!
This morning, we (same bunch minus Doog) met for 3 hours out through Calhoun County. It seems Doog is feeling under the weather. He was feeling well enough to go have beers and wings with Mulo last night though...curious...
We figured, wholly incorrectly, that we'd go out that way and have a nice tailwind bringing us home. It wasn't a killer headwind, but it was enough to bring the speed down and start to suck by the end. I had a bad day today. Bad stomach...an extended stop at the gas station in Gaston...we'll leave it at that.
7 hours on the bike this weekend. One good day, one iffy day, but good miles nonetheless!

Petacchi beats Cav today...clean wheels!

And don't get me started on Boonen, as I'm a bit conflicted...
Can't a brother celebrate a great Spring Classics season with hookers and blow?
Speakng of, enjoy the video...

2 comments:

Nick said...

That does it....I need to install that pole in my living room next weekend. I will need Mulo and Javier to recruit the girls from Plateenoom though.

MM said...

Do you really want the girls that Mulo and Javier choose working the pole in your house?