20 May 2009

TNCWC #10

Temps in the 60s and a stiff wind kept away a good number of folks.
Der Kaiser rolled off the front and we let him go. A couple of guys bridged and they were AWAY! The main body of the group had enough HP to pull it back quickly, but the fact that` there were only 8 of us that would take hard pulls kind of killed the chase. I can't tell you how many little gaps I closed...at least 6 or 8...or how many times I would take a hard pull and trun my head to see people pulling over behind me. This gets a bit old after 45 minutes of it, so when the break, which numbered 7 at this point, was within 100m, I sat up and quit. RW jumped and chased his ass of to get across alone. The rest of the second group imploded. I'm glad RW got across alone, as the majority of the second group didn't deserve to make the split.
We had a 'show up 15 minutes late and attack' violation again last night too!
On the last lap, the break got blown apart. Doog crossed the line alone with Coco and Gordon finishing 2nd and 4th. 10 straight weeks for the PV crew...Doog and Coco are easily 1-2 in the imaginary points standings.
I actually flt pretty good last night too, considering it was my first ride after 4 days off the bike. My legs and back were tired from the weekend, but I could deal with it.
No ride today, as much as I want to, as the H.O. is gone for the day/night for a business meeting. I'll be out Thursday though. Her work is really getting in the way of my riding!

No comments: