31 May 2009

Back on the horse...

I was a little sickly last week...but the drugs are working...
Saturday was the H.O.'s birthday, so I decided to stay around the house and watch #2 while she and #1 went to pick strawberries. Fresh-from-the-field strawberries taste GOOD!!! Anyway, I rode the trainer for 70 minutes with 55 minutes @ 90%. It actually felt pretty good. I got a good sweat, watched the Giro and finished a good workout...all in a little more than an hour.
This morning, Doog lamed out, so I left early and went out solo. We ate at Pasta Fresca last night for B-Day dinner and the heavy pasta and bread laid like the proverbial lump in my gullet. I left the house feeling poorly, at best. The first 30 minutes was a struggle but everything sort of loosened up and the speed became easier to maintain. I made zero effort to ride hard this morning but still managed 33 kmh avg. for my two hour jaunt.
Watching the final Giro TT on the intarwebs...then going down to the ManHole(tm) to do some much needed maintenance to the bikes...then watching the NASCAR race...full day right here!

No comments: