18 January 2009

Saturday

No ride today as it's 38 and raining, and my contract to ride in Europe isn't on the horizon, so I stayed inside and did some much needed bike maintenance.
Yesterday was another story...
We went out @ 1pm in balmy 32 degree weather. It ended up being a PV team ride, +1...SoPro is hard, so she came out too. We meandered out of the Fort, in an effort to warm up a bit, but once we made the turn onto Old Leesburg, it was tempo time. there was no 15 or 20 minutes at SST pace. It was tempo all the way out to Willie Wilson and across 378 to Chaingang. The wind was not in our favor, so it was a nice headwind stretch down into Eastover. I tried to lead SoPro out for the sprint, but ended up leading Coco and Bond to the sign.
We stopped @ the stop in Eastover for all of two minutes and we off again. We rode steady across to Airbase and then Bond went to the front. His coach told him to do a 25' effort @ 330-360 watts...that's not a typo BTW...! We all fell in line behind him and let him pull us to the end. Sitting in wasn't difficult, but I didn't want to interrupt his workout, so we stayed in line until the sprint. I jumped in WAAAAAY too big of a gear and Coco came around me at the end.
Bond, Timberlake and Doog cut across Trotter to get home while the rest of us did the normal Double Homey. We just rode it in and no one bothered to sprint on Shop. It was a damn good ride with a damn good group. There was no complaining or whining or farting around. Everyone took their turn and stayed together.
85km rolled past quickly...2:25 ride time to be exact...
A little violence may be introduced to the program next weekend...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sorry I missed Casey's last Cola ride, sounds like a good one. I was busy getting snowed on in the mountains instead. Had to go pre-ride Southern Cross and make sure I could push the gearing on my cyclocross bike up a few hours of sustained 9-percent grade gravel.