09 January 2009

Dark and Windy...yes, please...

So after my previous two weeks of self abuse, I've taken most of this week completely off the bike. I started to get a little itchy yesterday, so I got the cross bike set-up with the lights for a little urban assault.
It was dark and windy last night...and it seemed that the cagers were particularly stupid. Even more so than usual...
I also forgot (probably due to sheer laziness) to put in my contacts and put proper eye protection on my face. Riding in my regular glasses was a big ball of suck. I found myself looking over the lenses...air entered my eyes completely unimpeded and the wind was blowing dust and whatever environmental shit it could find directly into them. I couldn't see a thing by the time I got home. This morning, I awoke to find a sort of meringue accumulated in the corners of my eyes...lovely!

I felt better for going out on the bike though. It's actually pretty nice going out for a ride at night. It heightens your senses and allows you to get rid of some impotent rage by yelling at cars.

Palmetto Velo is also planning a ride through Calhoun County to satisfy our event requirement with USA Cycling. The likely date is February 7th. I'll post more info, the flyer and the route in the coming days.
See you folks in the morning...9am @ the Gate.
Sunday's ride will be Il Prof's normal excursion leaving OutJokin' @ 9am.

No comments: