12 January 2009

Random Monday/Product Review

So it's been a random day...
Went and looked at a house that seemed to good to be true...and it was...nothing says lovin' like the need for $50k in foundation repairs. It was probably for the best since it was around the corner (literally) from Bond's house. I need to up my FTP, but I really don't want to take an ass-whipping more than once a week or so.
Then, I get a random email that simply says, "Product Testing" in the subject line. Of course, these emails usually include some sort of advertisement selling creams to give you a better erection, or something of that general theme. I almost deleted it w/o reading...what a mistake that would have been. The Email was from JT @ Serfas...you know, the bike parts company in Cali...
It seems that JT is a fan of the little pill party I have going on here and graciously offered me the opportunity to be a product tester for Serfas. Am I going to do it you ask? Hells yeah!!!!! I'll review whatever product companies want to send me. I've always been a fan of Serfas stuff anyway, so it's a win/win. Product is on it's way to me as we speak...watch this space for the reviews.
As far as reviews go, I've been meaning to do one of my new Diadora kicks and the email from JT was a gentle reminder...
I got some Diadora ProRacer Carbon road shoes a while back and have been wearing them for about 4 weeks now. I got them from Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK. I like to support Cycle Center, but I got them shipped from the Empire for less than dead cost...so there you go! I've always worn Diadora road shoes and always will. These have done nothing to dissuade me from this belief. They fit perfectly, are light, and are very stiff. Usually, I buy 2 or 3 pair of the same shoe for two reasons. 1) I'll always have a reserve pair and 2) When it comes time to get new shoes, there's no adjustment period to a new fit. The last time I bought shoes was 2004 and I got two pair of the Diadora Carbon Veloce. 5 years on and it was time to get some new ones, so I pulled down on the new Proracer Carbons.
At first, I kind of questioned my decision because they fit quite a bit differently than my old Veloces. They have obviously changed the last they are building these things on. The uppers were stiff and they seemed a smidge too tight. After a few rides, they started to stretch out and feel better. Then came my two week 'camp', which included more than one rain ride. Getting them wet and riding in them made all the difference in the World. I highly suggest soaking your new shoes and then riding in them to mold them to your feet. They now feel like high-dollar, carbon-soled slippers. For me, Diadora is the only way to go! If you have 'normal' feet, you'll see it the same way.

No comments: