23 January 2009

Kinda tired

...and not from riding...
#2 has made the decision that he wants to be an early riser. The latest he's start screeching this week has been 6:15am. It's only 45 minutes sooner than I usually roll out of the rack, but I sleep hard between 5 and 7 in the morning. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch the re-runs of Jon Stewart in the mornings.
Doog and I rode Tuesday night. HoP loop with a few garages thrown in. It was freaking cold, but bearable. People who complain about the cold here wouldn't know true cold if it bit them in the ass. When you take a deep breath in through your nose and your nostrils stay stuck to your septum...then it's cold. It was more of a screw around loop than anything.
I rode solo last night and it was really nice out. @50 degrees and a nice SW wind. I did the normal HoP loop again, only at a much greater pace. Once I hit the dirt, the pace picked up and stayed high until the end of the trail. The aforementioned SW wind was stiff and gave me a nice headwind for entire length of my interval. A headwind, crushed gravel, and 32c tires make it fun too...
I can tell I pushed harder than usual last night, as my legs are a bit stiff and my knees are sore from pushing a taller gear.
I stomped up Gervais, all the way from the bridge and then cruised through campus, harassing TVH when I passed his house.
I got home in time to see the MTs off to bed...nice!
I'm in the middle of product test as well...Kenda Small Block 8 cross tires...will write it next week. I think the reviews will become a weekly thing. JT is setting me up with some new Serfas stuff and I was given some white Hudz to try on the Dura-Ace shifters.

Saturday- 9am @ the circle
Sunday- 9am @ Outjokin'

No comments: