04 January 2009

Lake Loop

Not for me and the others, thank you...
If it was DECENT outside, then I'd be riding right now. It's 55 degrees (okay so far...), foggy (@2-300 meters visibility), and pissing rain (okay with that as well...)! The issue is riding around the lake in this weather. With 6 or 8 other folks, it'd be fine. With 80+ people, it holds no romance for me. Hell, we almost got run down last year by asshole drivers in Irmo...and it was a bright, clear, sunny day!!!!
Today is the perfect scenario for getting taken out by...A) some gaper with no handling skills, or B) some fat, redneck in a 10 year old Yukon who is late for, well...nothing...but he's late, so you need to get out of his way!
I don't know if I'll go out today. Doubtful...
Without doing 3+ hours today, I have 26 hours on the bike in the past two weeks! I'm taking it easy this week...maybe 10-ish hours or so.

Edit- Doog and I went out in the rain @ 1. We rode exactly 65 minutes on the cross bikes. It was enough...

No comments: