26 January 2009

Quick hit

Saturday-
85km
2:25 ride time
50 degrees and rain THE ENTIRE RIDE. My clothes weighed @ 12 pounds, my white shoe covers were a very nice shade of grey and I had to take my wheels apart to allow the 4+ ounces of water to escape. Once I quit dropping glasses and solved my wheel issue (always check your QR when swapping wheels!), we had a good, steady, tempo affair! No Meat, No Mula...go figure...! Of course, they would have gotten popped off as soon as we left the Fort anyway.
Sunday-
90km with Il Prof. Felt better than Saturday, but the overcast, 41 degree skies kept everyone home. I was hoping for another ride that forced the tempo a bit. You know what they say, "Wish in one hand..."! I had little motivation to ride, but am glad I did and better for it.

It's supposed to be decent next weekend...Bond is doing the "RoP/RoG" on Saturday. 95 miles of fun...
And speaking of Bond, I had the chance to work on his Madone last night. Whoever built that bike should be banned from the work area of the shop!! EVERY bolt was loose, his Speedplays where about 3 rides from backing themselves out and killing the guy, the cable housings are A)too short and B)not Shimano, and the chain is too short and has a quick link in it! Did I mention it's a Shimano chain? I wonder why it won't shift correctly?
And the Trek 'internal, super-duper, we re-invented the wheel' BB setup is Mickey Mouse at best. It's little more than two MR2437 bearings laid in the frame. All they did was mold the cups into the bottom end of the frame. Big f'in deal! The drive side bearing doesn't even have an external seal on it! Crazy...

No comments: