13 November 2008

Gotta get back to it

Doog and I went out on the cross bikes tonight for a quick spin. I can tell I've been sick and off the bike for a week. The ride went quickly, but I had heavy legs and just felt really flat.
We'll be in the woods on Saturday...if it's not raining sideways. Drizzle, sprinkle, light showers...I'll ride in all of these. A "cow pissing on a flat rock" type of downpour...not so much.
Ride with Dean Sunday morning from Outjokin'...I'm guessing 9 a.m.

Here's a thought you should keep with you...
Think about the parallels between today's American society and the Roman Empire when you read the following quote.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. -- Cicero , 55 BC

No comments: