23 November 2008

I had a good weekend of riding...did you?


HTFU! Eddy is disappointed in you!

Saturday worked out just as I predicted in my last post. I left the house in 29 degrees @ 9am. A quick trip out and around Weston Lake and back in took 2.5 hours. It was 35 when I got home @ 11:30. I didn't see another living soul out on a bike, not that I really expected to...
Casey gets Hard(wo)man points, as she went out later and did 3.5 hours on her road bike...SOLO! She still aspires to the Office of President of Truly Hard, but she's earned her place in The Cabinet.

I spoke to Il Prof last night about the temps and whether he knew if there would be anyone with the fortitude to show on Sunday. He intimated that he knew that very few, if any were planning on riding and that he wasn't too excited about the prospect of riding for 3 hours in the cold. I told him I understood and changed the wheels on my cross bike to my urban assault set-up.

It was a balmy 35 when I woke up and 39 when I left the house @ 9. I can say with some authority that if people didn't bother to ride today, they don't like to ride at all. It was perfect this morning. Big, warm sun...no wind...no traffic at all...no idiot runners out and about. Hell, I got hot at one point on my ride.
I did a giant loop around Columbia, through the Northside, up to Greystone, back down to the river and into downtown. I hit 4 parking garages, cruised up to campus, swung by Il Prof's house to harass him as I rode past and then home. 2 more hours of riding on an idyllic day.

No comments: