19 November 2008

Dark and cold...

Last night was the first of many night trail rides. Doog and I met and did an out and back on the Palmetto Trail. It was a pretty uneventful ride, other than the fact that I just do not have my night trail vision honed yet...and I forgot my helmet light.
We did a slight variation that included a bit of hike-n-bike, which is normally fine, but the Army decided to re-cut one of the firebreaks. They basically scraped all of the sand off and left the silty red clay that lies beneath. I got a bit of the glop on my shoes and bike. Poor Doog looked like he rode into it at high speed. I've seen less mud on a cross bike following a SuperPrestige race.

We rode back in, dragging mud and debris. 2 hours on the bike...

Start of ride- 41 degrees
End of ride- 36 degrees
Wind- North @ 10 (cold)
Hardness factor- 8

The Rev said it was BigRing...so it was...

No comments: